Sweet Summer Surprise

Summer is *officially* here.

I'm in Texas, so it sort of feels like summer started two months ago, but nevertheless, it's for sure happening now because I had watermelon and corn on the cob in the same day. Sweet perfection. What are some things you do to welcome summer?

And now for the surprise. For the last few months, I took part in a spring Mom Love Fellowship. Sounds perfect, doesn't it? You don't even have to know what it is and already you're interested. 

A wonderful woman set up a mommy pen pal system that goes in 3-month cycles. You get paired with another woman, send each other snail mail and one $20 gift over those three months, and receive all sorts of joy from blessing someone else. 

I loved it. Handwritten letters mean the world to me. I was paired up with the lovely Breezy (check out her instagram here). She sent me cute cards every month and her package was the best. It was stuffed with:

  • dark chocolate 
  • a bright headband
  • some outdoorsy "remnant rubs" that work sort of like stickers (does anyone know if you can use these as temporary tattoos or labels for glass jars?)
  • the most adorable mommy-daughter matching elephant necklaces, which you can find at Target (we'll be wearing them for the first time at an upcoming wedding and I'll probably tear up a bit because of the cuteness overload)
Justine, the woman who runs this nifty program, is doing a summer Mom Love Fellowship, and you have a little less than a week to sign up. The deadline is Wednesday, May 31st. It's free to join!! (Besides what you pay in communicating with your pen pal.)

I know we're all busy and short on cash + time, but this is your chance to reach out to someone you've never met before. An opportunity to travel far with your letters when you can't travel far physically. An option to give encouragement - and also get some in return.

You're gonna want to be a part of this.


If you're still not sure, head to this page to get a complete description of what will be required of you.

Summers can get crazy busy, so tell me: what are your must-dos in the summer? I don't want to waste away the months constantly complaining about the heat. I want to fully enjoy this season of smelling like sunscreen and driving with the windows down (while blasting the a/c because, you know, Texas).

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this! I'm so glad that you had fun! I'm excited to do it again. :)

    ReplyDelete