MOPS 28-Day Challenge: Week 3



How many absolutes are there in this world? Basically none. Everything I've ever started to see as a constant, God has meticulously cut out of my life, leaving me feeling uncertain - again. And I learn more and more that He is the only absolute that I can count on.

While I try to hold to a routine, even with this blog, I know that life changes things. So bear with me as I figure out how to be dependable...while living in grace for the times when I screw it up.

Lots of truths this week, as you'll notice; I like the idea of the dares, but most of them seem to involve action that I simply don't have the energy for. I'm noticing a huge difference in my body/energy levels as I'm pulling through the 38th week of pregnancy! Yay for nausea, food aversions, and crazy labor dreams that make sleep feel exhausting...

This 28-Day Challenge seemed so easy in the beginning! Guess it wouldn't be a challenge then, would it? Tell me something you've challenged yourself to do lately - big or small :)



Day 15: Aug. 25

TRUTH: When was the last time you did something for the first time?

This question kind of makes me sad. It's hard to think of exciting new firsts at the moment, and I miss the way they used to come at me every other day. I made chicken and dumplings for the first time for dinner the other night (shhh, don't tell my THM friends, it wasn't on plan). 

Day 16: Aug. 26

TRUTH: When were you changed by someone else's kindness?

The kindness and generosity of others has struck me so many times in my life - especially in the past few months. I've been staggered by the baby items that keep rolling our way (I haven't bought a single outfit for our little girl because we've been given so many used, and occasionally new, items). I cannot thank you all enough for your gifts, advice, reassurance, and personal experiences! 




Day 17: Aug. 27

TRUTH: What four words describe your current first impression on someone? What four words describe your ideal first impression?
1. Pregnant, blond, awkward, and smiley.
2. Pregnant (yes, I want people to notice this, because it has taken over my life for now), pretty, unique, and fun. 

It sounds cheesy even to me. But I guess I'm not that different from everyone else: I want you to see me and see someone worth noticing, worth wondering about. And while I'm wanting that, I need to remember to make someone else feel that way.

YOU are worth noticing.




Day 18: Aug. 28

TRUTH: What is your biggest regret? What do you need to forgive yourself for? 

This whole year of 2016 (so far) has been one incredibly long journey towards forgiving myself for things that have happened. I won't go into detail here, but there have definitely been roadblocks that kept this regret fresh in my mind. However, the most beautiful moments occur when I realize that I don't regret what happened. If I truly did, then how could I live with myself today? I screwed up. It happens. I get to see the insane beauty God is already bringing out of the ashes of my mistakes.




Day 19: Aug. 29


TRUTH: What is the motto for this era of your life?


"These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb." 


I keep trying to fix things and make my life something it isn't. I've told myself that I can only be happy if I'm in motion, on my way towards a goal. But sometimes we're stuck. Sometimes we're supposed to learn from what we're going through...without challenging the situation. I need to learn to unpack my burdens and leave them in the hands of God.


Day 20: Aug. 30

TRUTH: Listen to a song that reminds you of a significant memory. Write out the lyrics.

I'll spare you this one. Go listen to your own song. Let the memory overtake you...and then remind yourself that you're in the present, and make a new memory with a different song. 



Day 21: Aug. 31

DARE: Let someone off the hook for a mistake they made. 

Marriage is an intense microscope when it comes to mistakes. Little things you didn't know about yourself and your husband/wife are suddenly big, obnoxious, and impossible to forgive. You don't even realize you're holding out on forgiveness until the anger explodes. Every day, you have to let each other "off the hook." 


Every minute, the other person is going to do something you don't like. They're going to fart and laugh when you were having a serious, emotional moment. They're going to nag you about something that seems insignificant. They will spill something on all the clean dishes you just washed. 


If we keep a mental list of all the ways the person has "ruined" our life today, we'll never be happy, and it will seem impossible to love that person. So forgive. Realize you probably screw up their day just as much - or more. 





Nifty Tip #4

Lemons. Cut them in half or into wedges, keep some in the fridge or freezer, and toss them in the sink/garbage disposal when it starts to smell like dead fish. Works like a charm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment